Your jewelry needs periodic maintenance and care.
All our jewelry is from 925 Sterling Silver or 925 Sterling Silver plated in 18-carat gold.
In the case of gold-plated jewelry, they are subjected to a 3 Micron gold plating process. You have to take into account different factors such as use, time and exposure to the open air which leads to the loss of the initial shine, for this reason it may lose its initial appearance over time. But if you take care of your jewelry they will stay perfect for a long time.
- Avoid putting perfume on top of jewelry or direct contact with cosmetic products.
- Take them off to sleep and play sports
- Avoid taking them to the beach since sea water and sun exposure are not recommended, as well as chlorine in swimming pools.
- Lastly, try to store the jewelry separately in soft fabrics to avoid scratches and where they will not be exposed to sunlight for long periods of time.
- We recommend washing them with warm water and neutral PH soap, without rubbing it intensively, drying it with a chamois. This process can be done periodically
At Boho Pip we cannot guarantee that gold plated jewelry will last forever. The fading of the gold plate depends on different factors such as perspiration and the Ph balance of the skin.